Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Africa Fashion Week 2012 - Lagos, Nigeria

Last week, a trong of talented African designers converged on Lagos, Nigeria to be part of the 2012 Arise Fashion Week.  I couldn't be there but my fashionista friend, Nellie had front row seats to the top shows and managed to get a few somewhat murky blackberry shots (which I won't be using here) of the amazing creations. African design was well represented in a large range from well established names like Ozwald Boateng and Tiffany Amber ( who had Alex Wek walking in her show ) to the virtually unknown such as Tsemaye Binitie and Maki Oh.

Here are a few of my favourite looks courtesy of Bella Naija blog.


Clan

Maki -Oh

Tsemaye Binitie

Tsemaye Binitie

Tiffany Amber

Tiffany Amber



And here is my favorite attendee look. I think she looks fabulous from head to toe. Particularly loving the mix of colours in the rafia fabric and the addition of grey (or is that silver ) in the handbag.



The top five designers will be showing  at the Arise Show at the New York Fashion Week in September 2012. I really hope I can work out my schedule to be at the shows... Good job, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment