Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lisbon Love - Sights

Yesterday, I started to talk about my trip to Lisbon but got side tracked. Well, its a bright new day and I'd like to start by introducing you to the beautiful My Home in Lisbon. This is a little bed and breakfast overlooking the hills in the Graca area of Lisbon. Its not a hotel but more like you are staying with a stylish and well travelled aunt. Just beautiful, well designed and the breakfast is plentiful and fresh. We loved staying there because of the real Lisbon neighbourhood feel which is never in hotels. Also, we were a few minutes from the famous Tram 28.  We rode the Tram from Graca, past the Praca da Figueira, Portas do Sol, through Alfama and finally down towards Chiado and the old town.
I can only say that the views are spectacular. Lisbon is a wonderful city to photograph and I wish I had more skill to do it justice. Well, these pictures will just have to do!!!

Lisbon's Tram 28
Saint Jeronimo Monastry
Saint Jeronimo Monastry Inner Courtyard
Feira da Ladra or Thieves Market 

Next post, I'll be sharing images from my visits to some Lisbon stores and some of my finds.

1 comment: