Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Flea Market - Arm Chair

Its finally flea market season in my city and I'm torn.
I love flea markets and the discovery of new - old things but I have a serious follow through problem. You know, where you buy that old cupboard and tell yourself that you will spend the next week stripping, repainting and polishing it to its full shabby chic glory but erm, its three months later and nothing. Or the antique tea set that just needs a spot of cleaning and polishing( why is polishing always involved) and its ready for fabulous garden tea parties?  Do you guys know what I mean? Anyone? It cant just be me, can it ? 

Looks sheepishly into the blogosphere.

Anyhow, i visited our local flea market last week and while i mostly managed to avoid temptation, here's what I got for 20 Euros.





I can change, this time it'll be different. Why? Because I am armed. With tons of inspiration pics and an easy- peasy tutorial on arm chair uphosltery,  I can turn my sad looking chair with good bones into this:






Or this,


Or even this.


I have some Kilim fabric from my trip to Marrakesch and that might just do the trick.  But first, I have to figure out how much fabric I need to upholster this chair. Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment