Sunday, December 5, 2010

Structural love.

I have a bit of a nerdy secret... I absolutely love buildings!!! Old, new, straight or wonky, something about them just draws me in. I wonder what the designer was thinking during the design process, did aesthetics  come before function or is it a wonderful combination of both?   Today, I would like to share a few images from my time in Dubai.

IMG_3144

IMG_3142

I love the straight lines of this old building. It was constructed for beauty and function - the slim colums send up heat and keep the inside really cool, even during the hottest periods. The markings outside this old library are reproduced a few times around the building and I wish I knew what they meant.  Simplicity and beauty!!!

IMG_3135

And to end this post, how about something cute that you probably don't see so often. 

IMG_4354

1 comment:

  1. Hello there - thanks so much for stopping by my blog and saying hi! I'm so happy to be your very first follower and can't wait to join you on your travels! Your blog is looking great... you should be really proud.

    Angela x

    ReplyDelete