Tuesday, February 26, 2013

On the road again.

In exactly one week from today, I'm hopping on a plane for Morocco ! I'm so excited that I catch myself daydreaming about how beautiful it will be. The colors, the scents, the textures ....I 'm absolutely giddy.


Beum Photograpghy via Flickr

In preparation for the trip, I've been reading the usual suspects, lonely planet, trip advisor, frommer's and I think I'm up to speed on the must sees. But the pictures and designs from Morocco are so unbelievably beautiful that  I'm losing my mind to Pinterest.
One day while I was working on a very important licensing contract ogling pictures on Pinterest, I came across Marrakesh by Design. It's written by Maryam Montague who also runs a boutique hotel in Marrakesh called Peacock Pavilions. The pictures of this place are jaw droppingly gorgeous and I would have liked to stay there but sadly, it was fully booked for a yoga retreat.



Pics from Peacock Pavilions


I haven't finished the book but my impression so far, is that Marrakesh by Design is easy to navigate and gives a great introduction to Moroccan life and design. It also includes tips on buying carpets, textiles, lanterns and other home accessories. I'm devouring it right now and I'll let you guys know how useful it was when I get back from Morocco.

Have you been to Morocco?  I would love to get tips and recommendations on your favorite things to do and places to see.










No comments:

Post a Comment